Building 25   Site ID No.: 24
Sand Point Naval Air Station
HISTORY DISTRICT
Name: Administration Building  Address 6222 NE 74th St
NOW
the center for pediatric dentistry

South Elevation

Historic Preservation -149th Meeting - Spokane

2007 google earth image
"center for pediatric dentistry"
BEFORE and AFTER
Built in 1937, Building 25 served as administrative headquarters for the naval air station. In more recent years, it continued to house offices, a computer center, and telecommunications office. Currently owned by the University of Washington, the building is undergoing rehabilitation for educational or research support.  

West-North Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

East Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

FLAG POLE  
Site ID No.: 23


Erected a few years within construction of the Administration Building (Building 25), the flagpole was always a prominent feature at the naval air station. The large American flag that flies from the pole historically symbolized patriotism and duty to country. Flagpoles flying the American flag were common features at military bases.


Fourth Street was widened in 1939

GO TO: HISTORY PAGE