Building 27   Site ID No.: 38
Sand Point Naval Air Station
HISTORY DISTRICT
Name: Seaplane Hangar


View: SEAPLANE RAMPS

Elevation North West

Historic Preservation -149th Meeting - Spokane

Built in 1938 (with WPA funds), this large Seaplane Hangar provided shelter for Navy seaplanes. It was sited near the Pontiac Bay at the north end of the naval air station and to Building 2 for proximity to the plane assembly and repair facility. In more recent years, Building 27 has been used for aircraft repair, offices, and heavy equipment storage. Currently the building is vacant with adaptive re-use plans for indoor participation sports.



Elevatiion  North East

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

Elevatiion  South East

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.


GO TO: HISTORY PAGE