Building 275   Site ID No.: 45
Sand Point Naval Air Station
...
HISTORY DISTRICT
Name: 275 Shelter and Storage

Built in 1945, this structure was used as place for shelter and storage at the naval air station. The building is currently used as storage for boating program.


Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.


1990 terra server image (colored)
Building 275 is in what was a heavily wooded area know as Carkeek Park in 1900.
South Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

South West Elevation                                                           North East Elevation
 


Carkeek Park, as it remained in 1930 photo - left.
..
The park was established in 1900 and most likly its 23.2 acres extended into the area where bldg. 11 now exists.
..
The area was sold to the Navy in 1926. The park was a gift from developers Mr. and Mrs. Morgan J. Carkeek.
..
The name Carkeek Park was subsequently given to a new park north of Ballard.
..
The 23.2 acre park was an OVERNIGHT CAM FACILITY.

TOP OF PAGE

GO TO: HISTORY PAGE