Building No. 31
Site ID No.: 47
Sand Point Naval Air Station
Name: Building 31 BOATHOUSE
Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
Built in 1938, the Boathouse provided covered slips for boats and housed a crash boat rescue squadron. In more recent years, the Boathouse served as boat storage, repair, and offices. In 2005, a south portion of the building was removed to reduce overwatering coverage for fishery habitat.
Pier No. 1
2007 GOOGLE EARTH IMAGE
Pier No. 1 replaced an
earlier pier that was extant in 1927.
The earlier pier extended farther out into Pontiac Bay on Lake Washington.
The pier is adjacent to the
east of the Boathouse (Building 31) on Pontiac Bay,
it continues at an angle to the northwest beyond the Boathouse.
The pier has concrete ledges and an asphalt paved surface. Its pilings are not visible.
The structure remains overall in fair condition.