...Building 33   Site ID No.: 4
Sand Point Naval Air Station
...
HISTORY DISTRICT
Name: Landplane Hangar
Address: NE 77th Street & 63rd Ave NE


South Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

Built in 1939 (with WPA funds), this large Landplane Hangar provided shelter for navy planes. It was sited across Avenue B (now 63rd Ave NE) directly southeast of Building 2 for proximity to the plane assembly and repair facility. It was also sited near the landing field which was east of the hangar. The flying field no longer exists. Two, two-story, steel frame with corrugated asbestos siding lean-tos (wings) were added to the Landplane Hangar (Building 33) using WPA funds. NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) is the current owner.



2007 google earth image
North West Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

East- South Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

A West window displaying items stored inside.

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

                North West Close-Up                             Hangar door with Personal door access
    
Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

GO TO: HISTORY PAGE