Building No. 5
Site ID No.: 29
Sand Point Naval Air Station
...
HISTORY DISTRICT
Name: Building 5 (A through D) Storehouse
Built: 1929; additions in 1938, 1940, and 1943
Address: 7501, 7527, 7543 & 7561 63rd Ave NE


Historic Preservation -149th Meeting - Spokane

2007 Google Earth Image

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

The original Storehouse (5A) was built in 1929 to house supplies. In 1938, a brick-clad addition (5B) was constructed to the south. A spur from the Northern Pacific Railroad Sumas Branch line to the naval air station was completed in October 1929. This spur ran along the west side of the Storehouse, providing an easier way to load and unload supplies. 5C was added in 1940, and 5D was added in 1943.

Building 5 became a mix of warehouse, workshop, and office space. The building is currently owned by the University of Washington and maintains a variety of uses including educational storage, offices, and research and art studios. 



Elevation SOUTH EAST

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

Elevation  EAST - NORTH

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
Storage Stall

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.

WALK ENTRANCE (337) - NW corner Addition B


Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
West view - Original section A

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
West view - Addition C

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
NORTH Elevation

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
SOUTH elevation - Addition D

Courtesy of Artifacts Inc.
Aerial 1953

Seattle Parks and Recreation

GO TO: BUILDING INDEX